🎰Ah, Las Vegas! You may have heard of it lol Vegas was actually at the top of my travel OT bucket list & it took me 3.5 years to get an assignment there. Needless to say I took full advantage of living in a place that people come from all over the world to visit! But after a while The Strip becomes very annoying, crowded, touristy and expensive. I did so many things off The Strip and tried many different restaurants. Here are some things that I got into while there! Let’s just call this part 1 😋🎰
1. The Neon Museum: Cool way to learn about the history of Las Vegas’ neon signs! It’s pretty much a neon sign bone yard! On select nights there is a special show where, with special effects, the signs light up along with retro music.
2. Symphony Park: A beautiful, small, clean and crowd free park located in downtown Vegas. There are various art instillations with the most popular being the huge colorful “pipe dreams” piece!
3. Ethel M’s Chocolates Factory & Botanical Gardens: This is actually technically in Henderson, NV but it’s right next to Las Vegas! During my visit I went for a walk through the cactus garden, went on the very brief self guided tour of candy making then wine & chocolate pairing! This was a lot of fun!
4. Pinball Hall of Fame: The worlds largest collection of vintage pinball machines under one roof. And you can play all of them!!! Very VERY unique experience for all ages!
5. Level Up Nitro Creamery & Boba: I guess this is technically a food place but I saw it as a gaming place that happened to sell food! Lol. I ordered a boba tea and spent a hour playing Super Mario, Banjo & Kazooie among other games. The first hour is free then they charge per hour after that. I loved this place and would definitely go back!
6. Zappos Campus Tour: An inside look into the fun and positive Zappos culture! The tour is about 90 minutes long and there is never a dull moment! The campus is very close to Fremont Street!
🎰That’s it for now! I hope that this encourages you to leave The Strip & Fremont Street for a bit when visiting Vegas. The city has so much more to offer!🎰
Viva Las Vegas!❤️
👉🏾 IG @elise_explores